WELCOME TO THE
JOHN W. JONES MUSEUM
John W. Jones Museum is the original home of
Mr. John W. Jones, who escaped slavery and settled
in Elmira, New York.
The Museum commemorates his life and work as an Underground Railroad Station Master who safely assisted approximately 800 fugitives’ flight to Canada and was responsible
for the dignified burial of
nearly 3000 Confederate soldiers.
Photo Courtesy of Chemung County Historical Society
Location of Museum
1250 DAVIS STREET
ELMIRA, NY 14901
Open Weekends from June 19 through August 31
(Closed Father's Day- June 20, Independence Day- July 4 and Labor Day- Sept. 5)
Fri: 1pm - 4pm
Sat: 1pm - 4pm
Sun: 1pm - 4 pm
Facemasks and social distancing are required while inside of the museum.
Also, only 2 visitors allowed at a time to enter the museum.